To Members and Friends
The Society's committee held one of its regular Zoom meetings yesterday to review the latest government guidance on the Coronavirus restrictions.
Currently the restrictions prevent us from holding any concerts and this could well be the case for at least the next 2 or 3 months. It seems from recent announcements that the government is moving in the general direction of easing restrictions - but gradually. More outdoor activities are now permitted, subject to social distancing where appropriate, and families are able to meet in small groups. Shops will shortly be allowed to open but larger gatherings are currently still not allowed.
Our next season of concerts is due to start on Saturday 26th September -still another four months away- so it is just possible that by then things will be more or less back to normal. It may be that we are able to go ahead as usual at the end of September but if that is not the case we are considering the option of moving the start of our new season of 7 concerts to January 2021 and running through to July 2021, by which time we would hope to be well clear of the current restrictions.
We are reviewing our options on a weekly basis, which involves liaising with the musicians we have engaged for next season, and we will keep you up to date with the latest developments as the situation evolves over the coming weeks.
Thanks for your continued support over the last few weeks and months despite the uncertainties that have affected everyone to some degree or other. We are determined to bring chamber music of the highest standards back to Whitstable as soon as possible!
A footnote! Our AGM was due to take place on Saturday 6th June but for obvious reasons we think it advisable not to go ahead with it on that date. We will be fixing a new date when circumstances allow and will let everyone know.
To Members and Friends
As everyone knows we had to postpone our March and April concerts because of the government restrictions- but stay with us!
We are still hoping to reschedule these concerts for 25th July and 22nd August respectively as a mini "Summer Season". Of course this will depend on the latest government advise nearer the time. The Committee are monitoring the situation as it evolves and are holding regular Zoom meetings to keep up to date. We should know by the end of June whether this plan can go ahead and we will of course keep you posted as the situation evolves.
Our next season is due to start at the end of September 2020 by which time we hope things will be back to some sort of normality. The Committee are looking at various options however - like keeping the series intact but deferring the start of the season if necessary. As you can see we are determined to provide you with a series of wonderful concerts during the course of the next 12 months.
We will be in touch again when there is more to report but in the meantime thanks for your ongoing support and we look forward to seeing everyone again soon.
As the Government Restrictions on the Coronavirus continue we have had no alternative but to postpone the concert on Sat 25th April with the Vanburgh String Trio and Michael McHale.
The Trio are based in Ireland so travel is restricted and Michael is in "lockdown" in London. Also our concert venue in Whitstable is closed for the duration in accordance with the government restrictions. Three problems which I hope you all agree are difficult to overcome!
The Committee are keeping the situation under review and we hope to be able to have a short Summer Season in say July and August when the concerts for March and April which we have had to postpone can then take place. I will let you know by email and via our website how things go with this and if the plan goes ahead we very much hope you will be able to join us.
Our new season starts in September 2020 with the first concert on Sat. 26th September. We are all hoping that life is going to be back to normal by then so our concert season should continue to April 2021 without any disruption. All our artists have been booked and their programmes agreed so I will let you know more by email in a few weeks time.
I do hope you will bear with us during the present difficulties and continue to support us next season.